Grief Support Curriculum
A Christ-centered grief curriculum published by Starlight Ministries. The curriculum helps children, teens, and adults through the journey of grief to bring Hope to those who have experienced the death of a loved one.
Mourning Star Curriculum has been written, implemented, and evaluated by Starlight Ministries peer-to-peer support groups for over four years. The curriculum is an easy-to-follow guide for you to facilitate children, teen, and adult peer-to-peer support groups.
Mourning Star is divided into 8 free-standing units that explores many different support methods to help inspire Hope on the journey through grief. The Curriculum spans ages 4 to adult and is not death loss specific.
Mouring Star is available to purchase to fit your custom needs:
- Individual a-la-carte units by age group
- Complete Single Unit – All Ages – $30 Savings
- Complete Full Year – All Ages – $60 Savings
Individual curriculum is licensed for a one-time print for a family or small group. Community (multi-user) curriculum is licensed for unlimited use and copying of Mourning Star Curriculum. Prices are found when you select a unit and choose an age group/all ages, and license you need.
Each unit is designed to be used over a 6-week period of time. Each week includes the following:
- Summary of the week
- Purpose and objectives
- Materials list
- Printables for handouts, crafts, games, etc.
- Verbiage for facilitators to follow
- Suggested timeline-each lesson equals an hour and 15 minutes
- “Light for the Night” printable scripture take-home cards
- Discussion questions
- Biblical applications